Welcome to, as the owners fondly call it, their slice of heaven! Once you pass through the gate and meander down the long private lane to come upon your destination, you will know why!
This amazing 150 acre piece of property is a treasure trove for hours of endless adventures for every family member to explore, offering something for everyone to create memories to last a lifetime.
The 1,800 sq. ft. 4 bedroom split level cottage is the perfect year round escape for family and friends. Nestled into stunning Haliburton woodland, the cottage is located just a stone’s throw away from 1200 feet of shoreline, catering to privacy at a premium on beautiful spring fed Bitter Lake.
Step into the cozy foyer with 2 steps up to the open concept kitchen/dining/living room and take in the peaceful lake views from the floor to ceiling wall to wall windows. The beautiful cedar cathedral ceilings, walls and floors add to the warmth of this inviting and comfortable main living space. Whether preparing meals, dining or relaxing while taking in a movie, lake views are ever present.
Take a few steps up to the second level to two generous sized bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom and down a short hall is the spacious master bedroom with cathedral ceilings and a gorgeous 4-piece ensuite.
The lower level has a fourth bedroom and a family game room with a pool table, air hockey table, foosball table and darts to enjoy hours of entertainment after dinner or on inclement days.
Needless to say, the great outdoors beckons with an abundance of choices of activities to partake in anytime of the year and with a south exposure savor hours of sunshine throughout the seasons. Enjoy swimming, fishing, water sports, biking, hiking, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing and more!
The main expansive deck stretches across the entire length of the cottage with a few steps down to a second lower deck with a few stairs down from there to a large dock with plenty of room for everyone. In addition, there is a swim raft with a water slide to add to the outdoor summer fun!
The undeveloped east end of the lake has cliffs to dive from and a portage or snowshoe hike to Long Lake. There is 8 km of hiking/snow shoe trails on the property itself where wildlife is in abundance. Numerous kinds of birds can be found from humming birds, blue heron, wild turkey, owls, loons and ducks of various kinds. Four footed wildlife is commonly roaming, such as deer, foxes, raccoons and even the rare moose will make an appearance in the distance.
For short day trip adventures away from the cottage, Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve offers a variety of recreational attractions such as the Wolf Centre, Walk-in-the-Clouds and dog sledding. For down hill ski lovers and snow boarders, Sir Sam's is less than a half hour drive away.
For lunch or dinner at the cottage, choose from either a gas or charcoal BBQ. After dinner the kids can play board games in the tree house or challenge someone to a game of 21 on the outdoor basketball court. The adults can grab peaceful R&R time at the owners favourite rock point where the wood burning sauna is and as the sun sets the whole family can gather round the fire pit overlooking the lake and reminisce about the days memorable moments and make plans for another fantastic day ahead!
- 4 bedrooms (upper level - queen; queen; twin/double combo bunk and twin trundle underneath bunk bed; lower level - queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO microwave
- dining table with 7 chairs (+ 3 additional matching chairs/benches from the bedrooms)
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level master bedroom ensuite)
- wood stove (main level living room) (some wood available)
- electric baseboard heating
- central vacuum
- automatic back-up solar power
- ceiling fans (in living room and in 2 of the 4 bedrooms)
- TV tuner plays CD's and radio via the surround sound system
- satellite (Bell)
- WiFi (unlimited)
- pool table (lower level family room)
- air hockey table (lower level family room)
- foosball table (lower level family room)
- dart board (lower level family room)
- propane BBQ (direct)
- green egg BBQ (charcoal)
- outdoor furniture on deck (2 bistro tables with 4 chairs)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- benches at fire pit
- picnic table
- outdoor wood fired sauna
- half basketball court and basketball net
- large dock
- swim ladder
- outdoor furniture on lakeside dock (4 Muskoka chairs, 2 lounge chairs and side tables)
- swim raft with slide and ladder
- single kayak
- double kayak
- paddleboat with canopy
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered
- additional UV filtered tap at kitchen sink for potable water
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet allowed on approval of owner (no cats please), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water (if preferred), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am