Tucked into 3 acres of land, this gorgeous 4-season 2,200 sq. ft., 3 bedroom cottage and Bunkie sit on the tranquil shores of Halls Lake. Located in beautiful Haliburton County, the current owners chose the newly built cottage to be their first cottage as it offered all the modern conveniences and comforts of home and so much more!
As you enter the cottage you will be greeted by fabulous lake views from a wall of floor to ceiling windows. The open concept kitchen/dining/living room is tastefully designed with cottage country chic furnishings and décor accents. With a soaring pine cathedral ceiling and rich laminate wood flooring, this main living area is spacious yet warm and inviting. Whether preparing meals, dining or watching a movie, you will have peaceful views from anywhere you choose to settle in.
A generously sized lake-facing master bedroom, with its own 3-piece ensuite bathroom rounds out the main level and 2 beautifully decorated bedrooms and a 4-piece bathroom are on the upper level. The lakeside Bunkie is also a great place for the teens to sleep, providing a little more privacy.
The property has so many places to choose from to sit back and relax and enjoy the great outdoors, whether basking in the sun, cooling off in the shade or making and eating meals. With a southeast exposure, start your days off with an early morning coffee on the lakeside deck and behold spectacular sunrises! With 2 kayaks, a canoe and 2 paddleboards at your disposal, this is the best time of day to get out on the water for a paddle, when the lake is at its calmest. Play a competitive game of horseshoes with the horseshoe pits at the back of the cottage, or build sandcastles in the natural sand 'box' lining the shoreline. Use the tubes provided to float along the natural 'lazy river' offered by the Kennisis River, joining Kennisis Lake with Halls Lake. The ease of access to Halls Lake makes it a popular fishing destination, with smallmouth bass and lake trout being the most popular catches. An interesting note about Halls Lake is that there is a hole in one part of the lake that is supposedly bottomless, giving this lake the distinction of being one of the deepest in North America. There are also great sandy beaches around Halls Lake that are accessible to cottage goers. Elvin Johnson Park, located on Halls Lake, accessible by boat or car, offers younger cottage goers with a new playground, zipline, treehouse, sandy beach and swim platforms.
When not relaxing at the cottage, there are a multitude of great spots to explore in the surrounding area. Check out Buttermilk Falls and the historic log chute! Try your hand at disc golf at the Abbey Gardens along with great local food! Just south on Highway 35 is small batch brewery, Boshkung Brewing Co. has local fare and great tasting beer. Kawartha Dairy Minden is just 10 minutes south - to many cottagers and summer visitors stopping for an ice cream cone at this nostalgic location is an essential part of summer. Just 30 km north on Highway 35 to the quaint village of Dorset you will find the historic Robinsons General Store and the Dorset Look Out with breathtaking 360 degree views from the observation deck of this historic tower that stands 465 feet above Lake of Bays. Sail across the smooth waters of beautiful Lake of Bays aboard the historical SS Bigwin, offering one-hour public cruises in June through to October or launch your boat for big lake boating. East of the cottage visit the beautiful town of Haliburton with many events offered throughout the year with local favourites like the Haliburton Highlands Brewing Co. For those vacationing in the winter months, there is an abundance of winter activities to participate in at a variety of nearby destinations; Frost Centre ski and snow trails, snowmobile trails, ice fishing on Halls Lake. Sir Sam's has downhill skiing. Dog sledding at Winterdance Dog Sled Tours on Eagle Lake.
No matter how you spend your days, head back to the cottage for a BBQ dinner on the deck and then gather around the fire pit to reminisce about the day’s adventures while roasting marshmallows. Cap your evening off with a soak in the wood burning hot tub overlooking the lake, providing an opportunity to star gaze and admire the moon's bright light reflected over the lake. Take time to enjoy all that cottage life has to offer and relax at this lakeside gem.
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen; double and single/single bunk bed)
- must bring all linens for beds, pillows, pillow cases, blankets and towels (some linens provided upon request)
- fully equipped kitchen
- second fridge/icemaker in laundry room
- Cuisinart coffee maker (some pods provided / bring own pods) Keurig pods do also work.
- water crock (holds 10 L of bottled water)
- kitchen breakfast counter with 4 bar stools
- dining table with 6 chairs and a bench
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- forced-air propane furnace
- propane fireplace (main level living room)
- ceiling fans (master bedroom, queen bedroom)
- tower fans and table-top fans throughout
- 65" TV (main level living room)
- 1 DVD (main level living room)
- 1 20" TV (upper level bunk bed bedroom)
- movies, games and puzzles
- NO satellite
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- apple TV
- nintendo wii
- 2 singles and single/single bunk bed (not available from October to April)
- 1 20" TV with DVD player
- ceiling fan
- 2 tiered decks
- 3 piece conversation set on upper deck with umbrella
- 2 picnic tables and umbrella on lower deck
- propane BBQ
- 36" propane griddle
- fire pit (some wood available)
- 5 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- 5 Muskoka chairs on dock
- wood -fired hot tub (NOT available in winter)
- dock (650 sq. ft.)
- swim ladder
- lakeside deck with cantilever umbrella
- basketball net
- horseshoe pits
- lakeside checkers
- ladder ball
- spike ball
- natural sand box on shoreline
- 2 stand up paddle boards
- 2 kayaks
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source lake, UV water filter system, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $180 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $180 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
Chck in 4 pm and check out 10 am