NEWLY LISTED - November 2021
Welcome to Blue Spruce Lakehouse, this lovely, 2,500 sq. ft., multi-split level, 4 bedroom cottage, nestled on .75 acres of well-treed land on the peaceful shores of Kashagawigamog Lake, which is part of a 5 lake chain! The cottage has a games room and the property has an expansive flat lawn along its 175 ft. of water frontage, with a shallow hard packed sandy entrance to the lake, making it ideal for a fun filled family vacation get away!
The interior of the cottage is warm and inviting with a combination of rich oak and bird's eye maple hardwood floors, comfy furnishings and cottage country décor accents throughout. There's something so fun and interesting in having multi-split level living spaces within a cottage as it caters to both an easy flow of open-concept gathering spaces as well as lending to tuck-away nooks of privacy. The kitchen, dining room and sitting room are on the main entry level, with a lower split level off of the kitchen to 2 bedrooms and a newly renovated 4-piece bathroom. From the entrance there is a split level up to a living room with a card table/entertainment nook and stairs up to 2 spacious bedrooms and a newly renovated 3-piece bathroom. And finally, also just off of the entrance, are stairs down to a large ground level games room with a 2-piece bathroom. But the owner's favourite hideaway spot is the lake-facing screened in Muskoka room, the best place to catch up on a novel on an inclement day, while still feeling one with nature.
Summer days beckon for sipping coffee on the lakeside deck and getting out for a paddle in the morning when the lake is at its calmest. The hard packed sandy beach area at the water's edge, with its shallow entry into the lake, is ideal for the young ones to safely splash and play all day long. For avid anglers, fishing is great with perch, bass, musky and pickerel being your most likely catches and when not exploring the lake, have fun playing badminton, bocce ball or spike ball on the spacious flat lawn.
The town of Haliburton is a short drive away for great shopping and if you bring or rent a boat, boating into town for lunch or dinner is always a treat. Haliburton Highlands has much to offer nature lovers and adventurers, so be sure to make time to check out the Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Reserve, Haliburton Forest Wolf Centre and Haliburton Skyline Park. But however you spend your days, head back to the cottage for a BBQ dinner and then relax by the fire pit roasting marshmallows while planning for your next day's adventures!
NEWLY LISTED - November 2021
- 4 bedrooms (split main level - double; 2 singles; upper level - queen; queen)
- fully equipped kitchen
- Keurig coffee maker (bring own pods)
- kitchen island
- dining table with 2 benches and 3 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell reception
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1- 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1- 4 piece bathroom (split main level)
- washer/dryer (main level laundry room)
- geothermal furnace
- central air-conditioning
- automatic back-up generator
- electric fire place (main level sitting room)
- small electric fire place (lower level games room)
- NOTE: fireplace in split level living room is not for use
- 40" TV (main level sitting room)
- DVD (main level sitting room)
- 35" TV (lower level games room)
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- pool table (lower level games room)
- screened-in Muskoka room
- futon and 3 recliners in Muskoka room
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 3 plastic chairs, 2 wood chairs and bench with cushions at fire pit
- bocce ball
- spike ball
- badminton net and game set
- lakeside deck (10ft. x 12ft.)
- built in bench and glass patio table on lakeside deck
- dock (3ft. x 12ft. and 8ft. x 14ft.)
- swim ladder
- 10 ft kayak
- stand up paddle board
- adult life jackets (some, various sizes)
- water source drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on the lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $150 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).