This property is a vacation dream come true! Tucked into old and stately evergreens, scattered with maple and birch trees, this 4,200 sq.ft., newly built 5 bedroom cottage is the perfect spot. The cottage is placed to take advantage of the spectacular views of Lake Kawagama.
With 3 levels of living space, family and friends can either spread out for some quiet time with a book or gather in the great room, kitchen, or game room to spend time together. Every inch of the cottage was designed and built by our family; a true a labour of love!
The open-concept living/dining/kitchen area have extensive windows offering plenty of natural light. Well-appointed and handsomely decorated, the great room emanates comfort and ease. The two-story natural stone fireplace with pine mantle, is a striking centerpiece and draws everyone in on cooler summer evenings.
Enjoy cooking in the chef’s kitchen with modern stainless steel appliances and plenty of granite countertops for prepping meals together. Gather around the over-sized kitchen island and share stories with the family on the day's adventures while preparing meals, morning, noon and night. There are two harvest tables: one indoors and one outdoors, both with seating for 10. The spacious upper deck offers plenty of opportunities to enjoy family meals and the warm summer breeze with regular visits from beautiful butterflies and humming birds.
The generously sized master bedroom is on the main level, just off of the main living area. It has a 4-piece en-suite bathroom, complete with a soaker tub and separate rain-head shower, as well as its own private deck. There is another 2-piece bathroom on this level, just off of the main entrance foyer.
There are 2 spacious bedrooms and a 3-piece bathroom on the upper level. On the lower level, you will find the games room as well as 2 more bedrooms with private walkouts to the main deck and another 3-piece bathroom.
Both the great room on the main level and the lower level game room make it easy for the entire family to relax together or apart. The expansive main level has plenty of seating and space to watch a movie, play board games, or simply enjoy the beautiful view. The lower level games room features a professional ping-pong table and wood-burning stove.
From the lower level there is a direct walk-out to the lake-facing 1,000 sq. ft. deck, which features plenty of comfortable sitting space, and views of some of the properties most beautiful trees ? truly a marvel in the fall months. From here there is access to a sunny lawn and the path leading to the lake. We built the granite stone path ourselves, paying meticulous attention to preserving the beautiful natural landscape; visitors will notice beautiful mature green moss and native foliage. Further along the path, you will find a small shaded deck (it's the perfect place to lounge and listen to friends and family swim below). A wide staircase will then take you to the spacious cedar dock. The views are breathtaking and as the dock is situated on the furthermost point of the surrounding properties; there are unobstructed lake views.
The early morning mist and beautiful sunsets are a photographer's dream come true. You can spend hours relaxing by the water or diving off of the dock, and there is plenty of sporting/game water equipment to enjoy.
Kawagama Lake has great fishing with lake trout, speckled trout, white fish, small mouth bass and even plenty of rock bass.
Enjoy runs on the quiet back roads. Take a day trip into the quaint town of Dorset with wonderful locally-owned cafés, bakery, ice cream parlour, and grocery store. The Dorset Scenic Lookout is also definitely worth checking out. Algonquin Park is a short drive away and offers over a dozen day trails (the Track & Tower is our family's favourite).
Whether you choose to spend your days exploring the lake, sunning on the dock, reading a favourite book, or enjoying some well-deserved spritzes, you will cherish the time spent here for years to come!
- The water source is the lake. Water is UV filtered and potable/safe to drink.
- There is an automatic back-up generator should the power go out at any point.
- The covered motor boat seen in photos is NOT included or available for renters.
- Both TVs are Smart TVs with access to Netflix, CraveTV, Amazon Prime, & YouTube.
- 5 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen; king; lower level - king; 2 singles)
- all sheets will be provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- extra full-size fridge (lower level)
- kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- dining table with 10 chairs
- telephone (local calls only)
- limited cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (upper level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- washer/dryer (lower level laundry room)
- ceiling fan in great room
- automatic back-up generator
- wood-burning fireplaces - main level great room (some wood available)
- wood stove - lower level (some wood available)
- 75" Smart TV - main level great room (Netflix, Crave TV, Amazon Prime, YouTube)
- 75" Smart TV - lower level family room (Netflix, Crave TV, Amazon Prime, YouTube)
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- NO satellite
- ping pong table (lower level family room)
- main deck (1000 sq. ft.)
- patio dining table with 6 chairs, 3 person swing chair, double wicker chair, 6 wood Muskoka chairs and 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on main deck
- L-shaped side deck (440 sq.ft.)
- propane BBQ
- smoker BBQ
- harvest table - seats 10 (bench and 6 chairs)
- teak dining room table with 6 chairs and couch, 2 chairs and coffee table on side deck
- master bedroom deck (10ft. x 15ft.)
- 2 chairs and coffee table on master bedroom deck
- NO outdoor fire pit
- dock (12ft. x 20ft.)
- swim ladder
- lakeside deck (12ft. x 24ft,)
- 4 loungers on lakeside deck
- NOTE: motor boat in photos is not available
- XL lily pad
- 2 kayaks
- 2 paddleboards
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable/safe to drink
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens and towels (king sized linens as well as linens for the 2 singles will be provided), bring own drinking water (if preferred), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DRIVEWAY IS FAIRLY STEEP. RECOMMEND A 4X4 IF DRIVING RIGHT DOWN TO COTTAGE