Welcome to this spacious and inviting cottage that sits atop a lofty perch with panoramic tree top views of Kawagama Lake. Tucked into old stately evergreens, scattered with maple and birch trees, this lovely 4 bedroom cottage is the perfect spot to retreat to for quiet serenity away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
As you enter the cottage from the back door, you are immediately drawn into the fabulous views of the lake from the numerous large windows outlining the open concept living/dining/kitchen area. The living room is comfortably furnished with a gorgeous stone wood burning fireplace to enjoy on cooler evenings and the beautiful harvest dining room table is great for family dining inside with endless views of the lake from both areas.
The 4 bedrooms, all simply and tastefully decorated, are located three on the main level and one on the lower level. The family room on the lower level has an additional bed tucked into an alcove facing out to the lake making it a great place for both the older kids and younger kids to watch a movie before easily tucking into bed.
The owners of the cottage spent many a memorable childhood summer on the lake with friends and as adults they couldn’t imagine buying a cottage on any other lake but here. They in turn created an outdoor haven for both young and old alike. At the top of the property they set up a children’s play set and a trampoline to entertain the young ones, while the older kids and adults have a variety of location choices to stretch out and relax on. When in season, have the kids gather a few bowls and pick blueberries and raspberries directly from the plants on the property. From the cottage deck, there are approximately 60 steps down to the lake. The waterfront deck is partially shaded while the dock enjoys sun until late afternoon.
Start your days paddling quietly along the shores as the early morning mist burns off and exposes the beauty of the calm lake before the rest of the world wakes up. Swimming in Kawagama Lake is a treat as the water is clear and silky. For the older kids and adults, the water at the end of the dock is deep enough to dive out from or cannonball off of and swim back and forth out to the swim raft.
End your days with a BBQ on the cottage deck and then gather round the fire pit to roast marshmallows. To truly capture the essence of cottage life, head down to the dock late at night and lie beneath a canopy of stars while being serenaded by the haunting call of the loons, it just doesn’t get any better than that!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - queen; queen; single bunk beds; lower level - double and single)
- queen bed in alcove of lower level family room
- fully equipped kitchen
- water cooler (bring own water bottle)
- dining table with 6 (+2 chairs)
- telephone (local calls only)
- some cell phone reception
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer and dryer (lower level)
- ceiling fans (in great room and the main level bedrooms)
- individual electric heating units in all rooms
- fire place in living room (some wood available)
- TV/DVD player
- Wi-Fi (limited data, no streaming or downloading)
- NO satellite
- board games
- screened-in Muskoka room
- trampoline with safety net
- children's play set
- deck (12ft. x 40ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- outdoor furniture at fire pit (3 plastic Muskoka chairs)
- outdoor furniture on main deck (patio dining table with umbrella and 4 chairs)
- outdoor furniture on lakeside deck (patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs and 2 plastic Muskoka chairs on stair mid-landing deck)
- outdoor furniture on dock (2 Muskoka chairs, 2 lounge chairs, stand-up umbrella)
- lakeside deck (12ft. x 30ft.)
- dock (10ft. x 10ft. and 10ft. x 22ft.)
- swim ladder
- swim raft with swim ladder
- 2 adult kayaks
- 2 child sized kayaks
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, not potable
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
Pet upon approval of owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8 (4 adults max), bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
There are approximately 60 steps down to the waterfront area.
NOTE: Steep driveway down to the cottage. Would recommend 4X4 or front wheel drive and there are about 60 steps down to the waterfront from the cottage.