Welcome to this fabulous family vacation getaway with so much to offer to fill your days with endless fun and entertainment both inside and outside!
Located at the most eastern tip of the ridge, the cottage has breathtaking long lake views of Kawagama and the Algonquin hills in the distance. Views from both inside the cottage and from the expansive upper level deck, that is an entertainer’s dream, as well as from various vantage points on the property, are absolutely amazing. Situated slightly east of the Muskoka boundary, Kawagama is the largest lake in Haliburton, and its exceptionally clean water is silky smooth.
Day trips to the village of Dorset for the ice cream parlour, dining out, to take in the spectacular views atop the Dorset Lookout Tower, to tour the over 100 year old one family owned Robinsons General Store, or to take a ride aboard the SS Bigwin steamboat that journeys on Lake of Bays can be fun for people of all ages. For those with access to water transportation, a trip to Bear Lake, which is part of the Kawagama 2 lake chain, allows you to explore the waterfalls, the jumping cliffs (on publicly accessible crown land), and the spectacular beauty of Canadian Shield towering cliffs, which have hiking paths that lead to the top for panoramic views of the area.
Fishing can be done directly from the dock, where rock bass and small mouth bass are found, or head out into deeper lake water to catch trout. The open lake in front of the cottage is a great place for tubing and wake boarding, but it is equally enjoyable to simply jump/dive off the dock and swim to the dive platform. Splashing in the water on a floating toy or lounging on a water chair is wonderfully refreshing and relaxing as well. Many hours can be shared on this beautiful waterfront.
The brand new Rosseau rock steps that sweep from the cottage down to the lake offer various sitting areas along the path. The ‘perch’ is a favorite resting spot, located just above the dock area, and it is bathed in morning sun, facing east, but also has an umbrella for those preferring shade. The next stop is the firepit area, which is designed to ensure everyone has a view to the lake. Evenings around the campfire are memorable and full of laughter and roasted marshmallows! Don’t forget to look up on a clear night because the stars are absolutely incredible! Move along the path to indulge in an afternoon nap in one of the 3 hammocks to be found lakeside, or take in the gorgeous views from one of the many Muskoka chairs overlooking the lake.
The cottage can accommodate a large family or 2 small families very nicely, having 2 bedrooms located on each of the 2 levels of living, as well as a great room on the upper level and a large family room on the lower level, and bathrooms and walkouts to decking on each level. This 2,800 square feet of living space offers some privacy amongst the group when required, while still providing a large and open arrangement for whole group gatherings. In addition, 3 TV's are connected to the satellite dish, a large collection of movies, unlimited WIFI, a pool table, and numerous games and puzzles make for easy enjoyment on bad weather days and evenings spent indoors. Remember to bring the popcorn for watching movies in the surround sound theatre set up located in the lower level family room!
Easy flow between the large great room and the expansive upper level deck, which has a set of stairs down both sides to the lower level, also makes for wonderful meals both inside and outside. Call the crew to dinner by ringing the ‘Moose Dinner Bell’ located on the upper deck! Take in an early morning coffee on the deck, as you listen to the birds sing. Humming birds are regular visitors to this upper level deck! Or enjoy a glass of wine here to finish a fun-filled day on the water, recounting your newly made memories, as you hear the call of the loon signal the end of another magnificent day at Kawagama Lake!
- 4 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; lower level - queen; queen)
- King size sheets provided for king size bed
- fully equipped kitchen
- extra cube freezer and beverage fridge (lower level)
- Keurig K duo coffee maker (bring own pods)
- crock pot
- regular blender
- smoothie maker
- kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- dining table with 6 chairs + 2 folding chiars
- VOIP phone
- good cell phone reception (good Bell reception, some Rogers reception)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (main level - master bedroom ensuite)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (lower level)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (lower level, not shown in photos)
- ceiling fans (in great room, lower level family room and one in each bedroom)
- individual heating and air-conditioning in each bedroom
- de-humidifier (lower level)
- 2 propane fire places (main level great room and lower level family room)
- 3 TV's (40" in master bedroom, plasma in great room, 65" UHD in lower level family room)
- 5.1 home theatre system on lower level TV
- DVD/Blu-ray in main level great room
- large selection of Blu-ray and DVD movies
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- satellite (for all 3 TV's)
- board games, puzzles, books
- chess set and table
- pool table (lower level family room)
- main deck (16ft. x 42ft.)
- propane BBQ (Weber Genesis 2 - 5 burner)
- patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs on main deck
- bistro table with 2 chairs, 2 Muskoka chairs and 4 lounge chairs on main deck
- stone patio to side of main deck with patio dining table with umbrella and 6 chairs, 2 Muskoka chairs and a hammock
- lower level covered deck (11ft. x 16ft.)
- 2 chairs with 2 ottomans on lower level deck
- stone patio above fire pit with metal love seat, 2 plastic Muskoka chairs, 2 Muskoka chairs and 2 hammocks
- outdoor fire pit with 6 plastic Muskoka chairs (some wood available)
- stone perch below fire pit with 4 Muskoka chairs and stand-up umbrella
- ramp to new aluminum dock (8ft. x 24ft.) plus wooden floating dock (9ft. x 13ft.)
- 2 Muskoka chairs, 2 metal chairs with cushions and metal lounger with cushion on dock
- NOTE: sea-doo and tube in photos is not available
- swim ladder
- swim raft with swim ladder
- 2 flutter boards, 2 floating lounge chairs, 2 sets off snorkel equipment and various noodles
- 2 canoes
- 2 kayaks
- stand-up paddle board
- lifejackets (some, various adult sizes)
- water source is lake, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am