Welcome to this amazing property and beautiful cottage with bunkie, located in the heart of Haliburton County on pristine Lake Kushog!
The flat 2 acre property is grassed to the water making it ideal for young and old alike. The 200 feet of shoreline is also the perfect waterfront playground for all ages as, depending on the water levels, you may have a large sandy beach, otherwise the water is shallow with easy access down a few steps into the lake.
The interior of the cottage is cottage-casual warm and inviting with an open concept kitchen/dining/living area all facing out to the lake with beautiful expansive views from the wall of large picture windows. Gorgeous oak floors, pine vaulted ceilings and comfortable furnishings enhance this wonderful family gathering great room. At one end of the living area is a table perfect for playing cards or extra seating for dining.
Four of the bedrooms are on the main floor, and the other three are in the finished basement which has slate and hardwood flooring and a family room complete with a ping pong table, card tables, large TV with surround sound and a wood stove to warm up around on cooler evenings. There is also an office/library if you are on a working vacation (with high-speed wireless within 150 ft of the cottage). There is a glass door walkout to the ground level covered stone patio that takes you out to the lawn and lake.
In September 2009, the owners invested in a large amount of quality outdoor renovations with over 1,500 sq. ft. of new decks and docks. The generous sized cottage length deck overlooks the lake and with the southwest exposure you receive good sun all day, both on the deck and dock, as well as the best of the sunsets.
Lake Kushog is 13 km. long, offering great boating and fishing. If you choose to stay closer to home, you have an abundance of water toys at your disposal to take out onto the lake and enjoy early morning serene paddles and then spend your afternoons swimming from the dock to the raft and then relaxing on the dock catching rays or reading a long overdue novel.
Being an all-season cottage, you can explore a multitude of outdoor activities including tennis on the paved court behind the cottage in the summer or if visiting in the winter you are in the heart of snowmobile country, take to the trails and enjoy!
Needless to say, this cottage is an ideal family get-away, spring, summer, fall and winter!
- 7 bedrooms (main level - king; bunk bed [double, single, double trundle]; queen; king; lower level - queen; 2 singles; single)
- bunkie 16'x12' (2 single beds) (insulated) (electric baseboard heat)
- fully equipped kitchen
- dishwasher *(please enquire for rentals during Nov - April)
- 2 water dispensing units (for 5 gallon jugs of water) NOTE: there is one unit wiht hot and cold dispensing
- extra fridge and stand up freezer in basement
- dining table to seat 10 plus additional table to seat 6 (with extension)
- 1 2-piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 4-piece bathroom (heated flooring) (main level)
- 1 4-piece ensuite bathroom (main level)
- 1 4-piece bathroom (lower level)
- washing machine *(please enquire for rentals during Nov - April)
- forced-air propane furnace
- electric baseboard heating (in cottage and in bunkie)
- wood furnace
- 1 3-sided propane fireplace
- 1 woodstove
- ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- central vac
- 65" TV with surround sound
- Blue Ray DVD player
- DVD movies
- Bose Bluetooth speaker/ sound system with Ipod docking station
- unlimited high-speed internet (Wi-Fi)
- ping pong table
- back-up generator
- 2 propane BBQ's
- outdoor furniture
- muskoka chairs
- deck (64' long)
- outdoor fire pit (some wood supplied)
- dock (26' x 20' with a 8' x 41' extension - extension not available after Labour Day)
- swim raft
- aluminum row boat 12'
- 2 kayaks
- 2 peddle boats
- lifejackets, various sizes
- sand beach
- outdoor shower
- tennis court - must wear shoes with non-marking soles only
- basketball net (commercial grade plexi-glass)
- tree house
- water source is well, not potable however there is a kitchen bar faucet that has treated, potable water
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- boat launch at Ox Narrows (1/2 km away) or a better Launch at Kushog Cottages 3 KM north on Highway #35, $8 to launch
- detailed cleaning included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)
Pet upon approval by owner, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 14, bring own linens and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 3 pm and check out 11 am
Detailed cleaning included at the end of your stay (you are expected to leave the cottage neat & tidy and remove all of your garbage & recyclables)