Welcome to this wonderful 1,500 sq. ft., 2 level cottage, nestled on an acre of well-treed land, overlooking desirable Chandos Lake, right in the heart of the Kawarthas!
This well-appointed property ticks all the boxes - 4 bedrooms, large dining room, large living room, laundry, two updated bathrooms, plus a finished loft that hosts additional sleeping with a large living area and flat screen TV. There is even a spacious games room garage featuring a ping pong table, air hockey table, darts, and ample seating. The cottage is now a 4-season cottage with air conditioning, and a newly installed well, and purifying water system, so guests can enjoy fresh water right from the tap.
The cottage was renovated in Fall 2018, with almost all furniture, mattresses, bedding, and kitchen essentials purchased new. The interior is beautifully decorated, featuring reclaimed wood floors, white washed pine ceiling in the living room, a large oversized Crate & Barrel sofa, a striking Scandinavian wood burning stove, and plenty of natural light. The kitchen features granite countertops, a brand new Frigidaire refrigerator, stove and dishwasher and many kitchen essentials.
The spacious deck will be the spot to start your days, either sipping your morning coffee on the Muskoka chairs in the sunshine or on inclement days having breakfast at the dining table in the screened-in portion while still feeling one with nature. At night this “bonus room” is great for dining or and playing cards with pendant lighting adding to the cottage experience, enhanced with the haunting call of the loons in the distance.
Take in the expansive lake views while relaxing indoors through the floor to ceiling windows, while sitting on the deck with glass railings or while on the large dock (new in 2021). With a south exposure, enjoy the sun all day long. The waterfront has a sandy bottom at the shoreline, and deep, clear water off the dock. Kids will enjoy the lilly pad in the water, and the fish that are constantly biting just off the dock. Being in a quiet bay makes it ideal for swimming and kayaking.
Chandos Lake is spring fed and one of the largest and most beautiful lakes in the Kawarthas, great for boating with many bays, islands and plenty of wildlife to see. There are three marinas on Chandos, including a full-service restaurant, a place for pizza and subs, and ice cream.
For a change of pace, take a quick drive into the quaint village of Apsley. Over the summer months there are several days of Apsley Auctions where you can find antiques, collectibles and unique items and the Apsley Market is open Saturdays from 9am to 2pm, from Victoria Day to Labour Day, offering a variety of local specialties, their tag line is “We Make It, Grow It, or Bake It”. Chandos Beach is just north of Apsley, great for the family, with a gradual slope into deeper waters which is ideal for both young and old alike.
However you choose to spend your days, head back to the cottage for a BBQ dinner on the deck and for dessert gather round the fire pit roasting marshmallows as you plan for another glorious day in cottage country!
- 5 bedrooms (main level - king; queen; single XL/single XL bunk; single/double bunk; upper level - king; king)
- king sheets and the single XL bunk sheets will be provided
- fully equipped kitchen
- drip coffee maker
- dining room table seats 12
- NO telephone
- great cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer/dryer (in 3-piece bathroom)
- air conditioning on the main floor
- ceiling fans (living room, dining room and 4 main level bedrooms)
- portable floor fan in loft
- Scandinavian wood stove - living room (bring own wood)
- forced air heating (propane)
- 50” TV (loft family room)
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- Apple TV
- NO satellite
- garage games room with ping pong table, air hockey table and darts
- deck (10ft. x 40ft.)
- propane BBQ
- 4 Muskoka chairs on deck
- half of deck is screened-in
- patio dining table with 6 chairs in screened-in deck (there are 2 leaves that expands to seat 10)
- dock (24ft. x 24ft.) NEW DOCK INSTALLED JUNE 2021 - NEW PHOTOS TO COME
- swim ladder (not currently shown in photos)
- NOTE: boats in photos are not included
- Muskoka chairs, teak table and retractable umbrellla on dock and stairs to cottage
- fire pit (some wood available)
- benches at firepit
- lily pad
- 2 kayaks
- 4 adult lifejackets
- water source is drilled well, UV filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2-3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 10, bring own linens (king sheets and the single XL bunk sheets will be provided) and towels, bring own drinking water, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling