Welcome to this lovely 1,200 sq. ft., 3 bedroom bungalow cottage on an acre of land on the tranquil shores of Doe Lake. The cottage was built in the late 60's and has only passed into possession 3 times with the current owner’s stuartship being the last 10 years.
The interior of the cottage is impeccably maintained and the layout has an easy flow from the kitchen to the dining room to the living room with a woodstove as a centre piece to all 3 rooms. The large picture windows, across the front of the living/dining area, offer beautiful views out to the lake. The spacious master bedroom faces out to the lake with the other 2 bedrooms tucked into the back of the cottage, lending to a great night’s sleep. The Muskoka room is just off of the dining room and is always a bonus at a cottage as it allows the family to read and relax even on inclement days while still enjoying great views of the lake.
Early morning coffee on the lakeside deck is magical when looking out over the water and it is flat like a glass sheet only being disturbed by the occasional fish jumping or various water fowl swimming or diving.
The expansive level lawn is great for both the younger children and the elderly. Perfect for playing catch, frisbee tossing and volleyball. The 165 feet of natural shoreline has a shallow entry, making it safe for the kids to splash and play. The water is 2-3 feet deep at the end of the long dock. The owner’s favourite spot to grab a nap or reading session is on the lounging chairs by the lake, enjoying soothing afternoon breezes.
With a paddleboat, canoe and rowboat at your disposal, be sure to get out and explore the lake. For avid fishermen, the lake is plentiful with pike, bass and perch.
Take a day trip into one of the many nearby charming villages and towns, such as Port Carling, Bala, Gravenhurst or Bracebridge. There are so many festivals and events in and around this area throughout the summer that there is always something to do for those who want to stay busy.
No day is complete in cottage country without a BBQ on the deck and then roasting smores around the lakeside fire pit. Gotta love cottage life!
- 3 bedrooms (queen; 2 singles; 2 singles)
- fully equipped kitchen
- NO dishwasher
- dining room table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- some cell phone reception (very spotty)
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom
- washer/dryer (entrance foyer)
- ceiling fans in living room and singles bedroom
- electric baseboard heating
- woodstove is not available for use
- 32" TV - living room
- bell expressvu satellite
- DVD player
- large DVD library collection
- Wi-Fi (unlimited)
- Muskoka room
- wicker love seat and 2 wicker chairs in Muskoka room
- deck (9ft. x 32ft.)
- propane BBQ
- small dining table with 4 plastic chairs, and 6 plastic chairs on deck
- basketball net (bring own ball)
- volleyball net (bring own ball)
- dock (4ft. x 36ft.)
- NO swim ladder
- outdoor fire pit (bring own wood)
- 6 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- 2 lounge chairs at waterfront
- sandy entry at waterfront
- lifejackets (4 adults)
- water source is dug well, potable
- privacy rating is 3 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO public boat launch on lake
- can launch small boat from property (to be carried down, not launched with a trailer)
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 + HST (cottage still needs to be left neat and tidy and all garbage and recycling removed)
One pet upon approval (no cats), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 11 PM.
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 + HST (cottage still needs to be left neat and tidy and all garbage and reccycling removed).