This beautiful, bright and spacious cottage has a self contained 'apartment' on the lower walkout level, making it ideal for the extended family. Located just 1.5 hours north of Toronto, it sits on a large piece of property and offers a fabulous view of the lake, especially from the hot tub, complete with a south-western exposure so you still can view the magnificent sunsets.
The waterfront has an excellent and very large sand beach which is perfect for the kids, and the water is shallow for about 50 feet out. Although there are some weeds to the side, the front is mostly clear. There is a large dock (6' wide by 50' long) with a shaded lakeside sitting area. The dock has sun all day long. People staying at this cottage have access to a private member's tennis court down the road.
The main floor living area is open concept and has a stunning floor-to-ceiling stone woodburning fireplace, soaring cathedral ceilings, a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, two bedrooms and a staircase to the partially open loft where you will find the master bedroom with its own ensuite bathroom. The kitchen is oversized and provides plenty of space to accommodate all the cooks in the family. Off of the kitchen is a gorgeous large post & beam screened-in Muskoka Room with a wood stove and tastefully appointed furniture.
The lower level 'apartment' is totally self-contained and has a walkout to the deck and hot tub from the kitchen area, a large family room with heated ceramic tile flooring (as have the bedrooms), a bathroom with a double sized glass shower and sauna, and three bedrooms.
Come and enjoy this fantastic cottage property as the summer breeze whispers through the tall trees while you relax on the deck or dock, and cottage life becomes part of your life.
- 6 bedrooms (loft - King; main level - european king; 2 doubles; lower level - double bunks; queen; double bunks)
- 2 fully equipped kitchens
- 2 microwaves
- 2 dishwashers
- espresso machine not available for renters
- Keurig coffee maker
- some cell phone reception
- 1 4-piece bathroom on main floor
- 1 2-piece bathroom on main floor
- 1 3-piece ensuite (loft)
- 1 3-piece bathroom on lower level
- blankets and pillows
- 2 washing machine
- 2 dryer
- central vac
- forced air propane heating
- automatic back-up generator
- 3 fireplaces: main floor floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace; propane fireplace in basement; woodstove in Muskoka Room
- post & beam Muskoka Room (16 ft x 32 ft) and deck (17 ft x 26 ft)
- 2 LCD Flat screen TVs with Expressvu satellite/DVD/Ipod dock for stereo
- unlimited internet service
- ipod docking station
- Sauna on lower level
- patio at lower level
- 1 propane BBQ
- outdoor hot tub
- outdoor furniture
- outdoor firepit
- 2 picnic tables
- Beach volleyball court
- dock (50 ft x 6 ft)
- rowboat (with 15 hp motor)
- various lifejackets
- access to private member's tennis court, down the road
- lake water treated for drinking
- privacy rating is 1-2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch at end of North Morrison Lake Rd.
- exposure is south-west
- For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 12, bring own linens and towels, noise restriction after 11 PM.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS HST CHARGED ON THE RENTAL RATE ADVERTISED
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $350 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling)
Check in 4 pm and check out 10 am