What an amazing piece of property, the perfect spot for a vacation getaway, right in the heart of ever popular Muskoka cottage country!
Welcome to this beautiful 1,100 sq. ft., 3 bedroom cottage nestled on .75 acres of well-treed land, perched above the tranquil shores of Tasso Lake. As you step into the cottage, past the entrance foyer, you will immediately be captivated by the spectacular unimpeded view of the lake framed in the floor to ceiling picture window in the front living room. As this area extends out past the main deck, it feels like you are virtually on top of the lake!
The main open concept kitchen/dining/living area has vaulted ceilings creating a sense of spaciousness, while the appealing scent of the pine walls and ceilings, comfortable furnishings, pillows and throws, soft lighting, and wood stove, create an ambiance of extreme coziness. All 3 bedrooms are tastefully decorated, 2 on the main floor with the master bedroom facing out to the lake, and the expansive loft bedroom has 3 beds and offers plenty of space for the teens in the family to spread out.
As cozy, warm and inviting as the cottage is, the great outdoors beckons with a multitude of places for the whole family to spread out and relax. Start your days off on one of the 2 decks, one on each side of the cottage, sipping on your morning coffee while immersing yourself in the peacefulness of your surroundings looking out to the lake through breathtaking 90 foot old growth Hemlocks.
Head down to the waterfront to enjoy the rest of your day and with kayaks and a paddleboat at your disposal, be sure to get out on the water and explore the lake, especially in the morning when the lake is at its calmest. Bask in the sun on the expansive dock and lakeside deck until it is too hot, then jump into the deep water at the end of the dock to cool off...refresh and repeat...ahhhh, cottage life, gotta love it!
For short day trips, the historic town of Huntsville is 30-35 minutes away by car, with an abundance of quaint shops to explore and a wide selection of cafes, restaurants and lakeside pubs to choose from. Also unique to Muskoka and found in Hunstsville are outstanding craft brewery's. Arrowhead Provincial Park is just minutes from the downtown area offering great hiking trails in the summer.
However you spend your days, head back to your home away from home and enjoy cottage life at its best with a BBQ dinner on the deck and your favourite beverage in hand. Then close the evening on the gorgeous stone patio and gather around the fire pit, reminiscing about the day's adventures, roasting marshmallows while the sky fills with a blanket of stars, does it get any better than this?
- 3 bedrooms (main level; queen; queen; loft level; double; 2 singles)
- fully equipped kitchen
- 2nd full size refrigerator (entrance foyer)
- NO dishwasher
- drip coffee maker
- dining table with 6 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level)
- washer (front entrance foyer - dryer in photo is not available)
- stand up outdoor clothes line and umbrella
- forced-air propane heating
- wood stove (living room - some wood available)
- ceiling fan (living room)
- floor fans (all 3 bedrooms)
- 40" TV (living room)
- DVD player (living room)
- DVD library
- NO Wi-Fi
- main deck (12t. x 24ft.)
- wicker loveseat and 2 wicker chairs with cushions and bar bistro table with 4 swivel bar stools on main deck
- propane BBQ (2nd deck)
- breakfast table with 4 chairs and bench on 2nd deck
- large stone patio (next to main deck)
- outdoor fire pit on large stone patio (some wood available)
- bench and 2 Muskoka chairs at fire pit
- small stone patio at cottage entrance
- bistro table and 2 chairs on small stone patio
- dock (10ft. x 18ft. and 8ft. x 14ft.)
- swim ladder (currently not shown in photos)
- lakeside deck (8ft. x 11ft.)
- 2 kayaks
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is lake, filtered, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- public boat launch on lake
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HSTadded to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).
No pets, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6 adults only (cottage not appropriate for children, no exceptions), bring own linens and towels, bring own drinking water if preferred, noise restriction after 9 PM.
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $200 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself (you are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage and recycling).