Welcome to "Hemlock Point"
This stunning 3 bedroom True North Log cottage sits perched above quiet Waseosa Lake on a lush point of land with 200 feet of water frontage, with all the latest wishes and conveniences of a modern home, this is a true cottage retreat get-away!
As you step in and are greeted by the great room with its soaring cathedral ceilings, post and beam construction, expansive windows, and gorgeous fieldstone wood-burning fireplace you will instantly settle into your beautiful surroundings. The open concept kitchen/living/dining room all face out to the water with stunning views of the lake. Tastefully designed with great attention to detail, the combination of modern stainless steel kitchen appliances, cottage comfortable furnishings and pastel shades with warm wood accents makes this living space perfect for all your family gatherings. The screened-in Muskoka room will become a favourite spot for early morning coffee and sunrises or just relaxing while escaping a hot humid afternoon.
The spacious master bedroom is tucked into the back with plenty of shade providing a comfortable night’s sleep and has its own en-suite bathroom with a large walk-in shower complete with spa-like rain head. The remaining two bedrooms are on the upper level with a shared 4-piece bathroom and a bright loft area ideal for curling up with a great book on the futon couch.
Step out onto the large deck with a family friendly level lawn, ideal for ball throwing or Frisbee tossing. Then head down to the waterfront for long days of fun in the sun. Being on a point of land, you have the unique luxury of having a breathtaking unobstructed long-lake vista on one side and a beautiful view of a peaceful cove on the other side. The lake is known as a pristine mid-size lake with no public boat access so boat traffic is minimal. The water quality is clear and clean, great for swimming and the fishing is excellent, especially cove-side. There are several small islands and bays and coves to discover on the lake so be sure to venture out with the kayaks or canoe and immerse yourself in the tranquil setting.
As the day starts to unwind, grab a nap in the lakeside hammock as the summer breeze whispers through the tall towering trees and after a BBQ dinner out on the deck watch fabulous sunsets from around the fire pit and roast marshmallows under a blanket of stars as another day in cottage country paradise comes to a close!
- 3 bedrooms (main level - king; upper level - queen and single; queen and single)
- All renters must bring their own pillows, sheets, blankets/quilts, towels & kitchen linens
- daybed in loft that converts from a single bed to a king
- fully equipped kitchen
- Tassimo and regular coffee maker
- breakfast counter with 2 stools
- dining table with 6 chairs
- telephone (local calls only)
- great cell phone reception
- 1 - 2 piece bathroom (main level)
- 1 - 3 piece bathroom (main level master bedroom en-suite)
- 1 - 4 piece bathroom (upper level)
- in-floor radiant heating on main floor
- electric baseboard heating on second floor
- ceiling fan (in all main rooms)
- fireplace (some wood provided)
- flat screen LCD TV (main level)
- satellite TV
- Blu-ray DVD player
- theatre sound system
- unlimited WIFI
- screened-in Muskoka room (with wicker furniture, bistro seating and ceiling fan)
- deck (38 ft. x 10 ft.)
- propane BBQ
- outdoor patio set and 6 chairs
- 12 Muskoka chairs (on deck and dock and around fire pit)
- outdoor fire pit on new flagstone patio (some wood available)
- stationary dock (6 ft. x 20 ft.)
- floating dock (10 ft. x 20 ft.) with floating ramp (6 ft. x 10 ft.)
- swim ladder
- lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- 2 kayaks
- Water source is lake, UV treated...water crock with two 15L bottled water jugs supplied
- privacy rating is 1 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- NO boat launch on lake
- Cleaning service available upon request - if you wish to use this cleaning service, a fee of $120 will be added to your bill (cottage needs to be left neat & tidy and all garbage & recycling removed)
One pet upon approval, no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 6, All renters must bring their own pillows, sheets, blankets/quilts, towels & kitchen linens, bring own drinking water (one bottle provided for water cooler), noise restriction after 11 PM.
Cleaning service available upon request - if you wish to use this cleaning service, a fee of $120 will be added to your bill (cottage needs to be left neat & tidy and all garbage & recycling removed)
Check in 4:00 pm and check out 10:00 am