NEWLY LISTED - October 2021
All the cliches of cottage life ring true at this historic property.
Stunning panoramic views? Check.
Starlit serenity, with s'mores over an open fire? Check.
Spectacular sunsets? Check
Placid water for swimming, fishing and boating? Check.
Stone fireplace, wraparound deck and an acre of majestic trees at the end of a private road? Check.
But wait. Who invited the 21st century?
Landscaped grounds. WiFi. Renovated kitchen and bathroom. Modern decor. Smart television. Check, check and check.
Welcome to "Blu Bary Point"!
This exquisite property has been in the family for 75 years and three generations.
And now, for the first time, its natural splendor – captured so many years ago by members of the Group of Seven – is yours also to enjoy.
Here you will find a view of the water from virtually every expansive window in the cottage.
Inside, you will find 1,800 sq. ft. of two worlds: An eclectic mix of quartz countertop and old pine flooring; modern furnishings with antique flourishes; ample seating for family gatherings yet with four dedicated bedrooms; a big screen television and a multitude of games for a rainy day.
From yard games on the massive lawn to swaying in the shaded hammock, the days are as active – or lazy – as your imagination.
While a private 20-foot dock, complete with two kayaks, is only steps from your door, the more adventurous will prefer to leap into the clear water right from the granite point.
Kayak in the morning, swim in the afternoon, barbecue in the evening and embrace the loons' haunting call at night – all just a five-minute drive from the charming town of Barry's Bay, nestled in the heart of Madawaska Valley.
If you can tear yourself away from the peaceful 600 feet of shoreline at the far east end of picturesque Kamaniskeg Lake, this cottage home is also near golf courses, exciting day trips and, of course, Algonquin Park.
For extended families, there is one more bonus: cottage #833 and cottage #834, both with private beach waterfronts, are nearby on the same laneway.
Blu Bary Point awaits!
NEWLY LISTED - October 2021
- 4 bedrooms (king; queen; queen; queen)
- king sheets will be supplied
- fully equipped kitchen
- gas stove
- drip coffee maker
- breakfast counter with 2 barstools
- dining table with 8 chairs
- NO telephone
- good cell phone reception
- 1- 5 piece bathroom (master bedroom semi-ensuite)
- 1- 2 piece bathroom (3rd bedroom ensuite)
- NO washer/dryer
- forced-air propane furnace
- NOTE: fireplace in living room is not available for use
- ceiling fans (in living room and in all 4 bedrooms)
- 65" Smart TV (living room - log into Netflix, Prime, etc, with your personal account - no cable)
- NO satellite
- unlimited Wi-Fi
- main deck (L-shaped - 10ft. x 28ft. and 10ft. x 34ft.)
- propane BBQ
- patio dining table with umbrella and 4+4 chairs on main deck
- table with 4 chairs on main deck
- 2nd deck (front of cottage)
- wicker loveseat and 2 wicker chairs with cushions on 2nd deck
- entrance stone patio with bistro table and 2 chairs
- outdoor fire pit (some wood available)
- 2 benches at outdoor fire pit
- dock (6ft. x 20ft.) (currently not shown in photos - will be installed in spring 2022)
- swim ladder
- 2 kayaks
- adult lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- water source is drilled well, potable
- privacy rating is 2 (1=excellent, 2=good, 3=some)
- municipal boat launch nearby (no marina on lake)
NOTE: For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself. You are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage (waste site takes clear plastic bags only) and recycling.
Pet allowed upon approval ($150 plus HST non-refundable pet fee, per pet, per week sorry no cats)
Pet allowed upon approval ($150 plus HST non-refundable pet fee, per pet, per week sorry no cats), no smoking, maximum number of occupants is 8 (including children), bring own linens (king sheets will be supplied) and towels, noise restriction after 10 PM.
Check in 4pm and check out 10am.
For your convenience, there will be a mandatory cleaning fee of $250 plus HST added to your bill so that you don't have to do a detailed cleaning yourself. You are still required to leave the cottage neat and tidy, as well as remove all your garbage (waste site takes clear plastic bags only) and recycling.